Monday, October 27, 2008

My WireMod

A few days ago, I got a mod for my Gmod (yes, a mod of a mod) called Wiremod. Wiremod, or Wire for short, allows you to make circuitry and computers and such. The first thing I did when I got it was I built an auto-tracking gun turret. This turret had one major weakness, it couldn't aim up and down. I solved this problem with 4 "hover-balls" a hover-ball is an orb that hovers at a set altitude, they can also travel straight up and down. This new turret could hit any target in range, and was quite simple to set up. When I talked to my dad about it, he said that it was like a turret on a stick, so I named it the turret-on-a-stick. This turret has a new problem, if thrown off-angle, the hover-balls would get stuck there. The result of this is a turet that is hovering at an akward angle and no longer working right. I can solve this problem by making a turret with 3-axis targeting, although, this is very complicated. A 2-axis turret is simple enough, but add one extra targeting axis and I'm stuck. When I figure out how to make one I am going to save it immediatly, but, until then I'm stuck with my turret-on-a-stick

No comments: