Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My First 3-Axis Gmod Turret

Yesterday, I made my very first 3-axis turret in Garry's Mod. This means it can aim up and down. This turret is far better than my turret-on-a-stick because it can target properly no matter what angle it is at. Because of this, it can be mounted on the walls, floor, or ceiling and still work right. The only weakness of these turrets is that they always aim a little bit low, meaning that they have a hard time with thing that are low to the ground.

I have also gotten "Gcombat", a mod for Garry's Mod that incorporates several new weapons and a new damage calculation system. These new weapons can destroy props. I have built several 3-axis turrets using these weapons and most of them worked well. Unfortunately, I am yet to build a death ray turret because the death ray is to large. I hope to correct this problem soon an I also hope to post a video of my turrets in action.

No comments: